Summer & Fall Internships
With the COVID-19 health crisis, we will be adhering to State guidelines and safe practices. Therefore, interns will be working remotely until further notice. In this role, you will be on the front lines of the campaign and mobilizing voters for the 2020 General Election.
About the Program
Interns will work alongside our team of campaign operatives to plan and execute a groundbreaking program. Interns will gain first-hand experience in campaign communication, finance, event management, and voter contact. This year, being a Presidential election cycle, interns will play a vital role in our political future. Hours are flexible and time commitment varies by availability.
- Assist with social media on various platforms
- Monitoring developing news stories and drafting press releases and letters to the editor
- Plan and organize events; helping staff the candidates at events
- Recruiting, training and managing volunteers to expand our political reach and operation
- Managing and executing phone banks, canvasses (if allowed safely), and other voter contact efforts
- Learning to use our voter database system—utilized by every Democratic campaign across the country
Qualified candidates will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and a desire to take part in the political process at the state and local levels. Candidates need to have an accessible computer and a reliable source of transportation. Prior experience is not required. Candidates will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications should include a brief statement of interest and a resume.